Trinity Center, a non-profit organization which operates a day-center for people experiencing homelessness in downtown Austin, is recruiting a full-time clinical case manager (social worker).
During COVID19 some case management with clients will take place remotely and some will be in-person. All staff at Trinity Center are required to follow the rules of wearing a mask at all time, frequent hands washing, keeping the required distance and all other recommendations of CDC. The Board of Directors’ executive committee may, at any time, adjust the rules of operation in response to the situation with the pandemic. At this time, we are at the center weekdays 8AM-3PM. Breakfast to go is served at a safe distance each morning and Trinity Center offers essential services to people who are homeless while monitoring for health safety. No groups are allowed in but some one-on-one meetings with clients take place.
The social worker provides services to individuals experiencing homelessness who may also be diagnosed with severe mental illness. They may also have co-occurring substance use disorders and/or chronic health conditions. Services will be provided utilizing person-centered, recovery based, strengths-based, and trauma-informed perspective. The case management program at Trinity Center has a strong focus on housing, accessing resources, holistic well-being, and moving forward toward goals related to ending the person’s homeless situation.
The social worker’s caseload will be racially and culturally diverse and goals will be based on individual preferences and abilities. The social worker will work to connect clients with available services, work on developing skills necessary to manage mental challenges when relevant, obtain employment or apply for SSI/SSDI based on the SOAR model, assist with budgeting and securing income, assist in resolving potential barriers to securing housing, and help navigate housing resources. The social worker will work under the supervision of an LMSW who provides ongoing evaluation and oversight of all assessments, diagnoses, and treatment.
Education, Training, and Experiences
- Bachelor of Social Work required, Master of Social Work preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong preference for a bilingual (Spanish/English) individual.
- An individual from a background of marginalized communities preferred.
- Proven experience of working with people who are homeless
- Experience providing case management, knowledge of community resources
- Experience working with people with mental health and substance use challenges.
- Experience with and knowledge of psychosocial assessment, principles of psychiatric crisis intervention and be prepared to interact with emergency medial and psychiatric service providers
- Knowledge of clinical practice and frameworks including cultural competence, the recovery model, housing first, and motivational interviewing
- Assure that individuals receive needed services, evaluate the effectiveness of services and determine if needs are being met
- Prefer a candidate who has completed the SOAR training
- At ease working in a faith-based organization.
- Willingness and ability to work well in a small team and to step out of the exclusive role of a case manager. All employees at Trinity Center assist in the general operation of the center. Good team collaboration skills are essential to successful experience at Trinity Center.
- A Sunday 2:00-4:30PM shift is required 4-5 times each year, compensated on the prior or the following Friday.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary competitive with the field and the candidate’s experience.
- Health Care insurance (to employee; adding family members available at employee’s expense).
- 15 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays per year.
- 401(K) plan.
Send resume, cover letter and three references to the address above, Attention: Irit Umani, Executive Director, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.